Mark your iCal and Outlook, GEW is next week. November 18th-24th more than 100 countries will be hosting events supporting and celebrating entrepreneurs and innovation.
Global Entrepreneurship Week was first announced in 2007 by Jonathan Ortmans, president of GEW; Carl Schramm, former president and CEO of the Kauffman Foundation and Gordon Brown, former prime minister of the United Kingdom. That first year there were 18 host countries committed to GEW. By 2008 more than 77 countries and 3 million entrepreneurs participated. In 2012, the number was up to 131 countries and tens of thousands of events, activities and competitions.
GEW is one of the few globally centralized resources solely focusing on the act of making ideas real. Info on participating cities, events and other details regarding GEW can be found at the GEW website.
- Countries Turn to Entrepreneurship to Solve Economic Woes (prweb.com)
- The world gears up for Global Entrepreneurship Week (walesonline.co.uk)
- Libya to hold first Global Entrepreneurship Week in November (libyaherald.com)
- Startup Open Competition Recognizes 50 Promising New Startups (prweb.com)
- Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013 – join the conversation (economicvoice.com)
- Help us reach 1,000 budding entrepreneurs for Global Entrepreneurship Week (thehappystartupschool.wordpress.com)