I have been a serial entrepreneur for a long time and Chad Howse’s article on the 20 Habits of Successful People is a MUST read. Here are a few of my FAVES:
3. Wake up at the same time everyday.
Having a good sleep routine will help you have more energy to do more work during the day.
4. Always finish your to do list.
Get in the habit of never leaving anything that you wanted to finish at the beginning of the day, incomplete at the end. If you simply do what you set out to do, it will be hard for success to elude you.
5. Keep your to do list small and scaled.
Have 1 or 2 things that are important to finish, and make sure you finish them first. The rest of your tasks should be tended to only after your most important ones have been completed.
7. Measure everything.
Every goal you set needs to be measured. Every sales page you create, needs to be measured. If you measure everything you’ll have a blueprint for exactly what does work, and what doesn’t.
8. Stick to 90-minute work sessions.
Few people actually work as much as they say they work. Their time is usually made up of distractions. They Facebook, Tweet, and surf the interwebz. Time your work sessions. Keep a stopwatch. Focus for 90-minutes, take an active break, then get back to the beautiful grind.
10. Wake up early.
The list of successful people who wake up before the rest of the world is far too long to list. This isn’t a coincidence. Get up before 6 am, 7 days a week and get a head start on your day and your dream.
14. Share your dream.
Get in the habit of talking to others who have a similar dream, even if the similarity is the enormity of your goals, and the audaciousness of your plans. Napoleon Hill coined this relationship “a mastermind”, and it’s one of the most important factors in your eventual success.
15. Only surround yourself with successful people.
That is, don’t have “suckers” in your midst – people who will tear you away from your work, and destroy your dream. If you have friends that do this, stop hanging out with them. Are they worth you living a mediocre life when greatness can be in your future?
16. Keep a healthy body.
Without a healthy body it becomes evermore difficult to maintain a healthy mind.
20. Write down 3 things you’re thankful for every day.
What you’ll find is that success is often in your midst if you look at it from the right perspective. And study after study has shown that happy people achieve far greater things than pessimistic, unhappy individuals. This habit, combined with hard work, is as simple a recipe for success as you can create. It’s also an effective one.
- How to Eliminate Habits Holding You Back From Success (entrepreneur.com)
- The Slight Edge Between Success And Failure (stevenaitchison.co.uk)
- Unhappiness is a habit (imconfident.wordpress.com)
- What Truly Successful People Know That You Don’t (psychologytoday.com)
- 12 Habits Of Highly Ineffective People (lifehack.org)
- 50 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs (smallbusiness.yahoo.com)